Apple TV+ officially launched on November 2019, so as part of their starting promotion, anyone who purchased an iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod touch, or Mac can get a year's subscription to it for free.
- Apple TV+ is included for one year when you purchase an Apple device and redeem the offer within 90 days.1
- Get one year of Apple TV+ for free when you buy a new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV or Mac, subject to the terms and conditions herein.
- Any new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV or Mac capable of running the latest iOS, iPadOS, tvOS or macOS purchased after 10 September 2019, from Apple or an Apple authorised reseller, is eligible.
I brought a new Apple device recently so I realised that I am also eligible for this one year Apple TV+ complementary subscription.
So I am sharing my experiences with Apple and answers to questions that I had that I am sure you are looking to understand as well. As I was not sure what was available and what was not until I activated my free subscription.
Get one year of Apple TV+ for free Terms and conditions:
- Get one year free Apple TV+ when you buy a new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV or Mac.
Terms and conditions:
• Offer is available for a limited time only.
• Offer cannot be combined with other free trials or offers for Apple TV+.
• Only one offer per Family, regardless of the number of devices purchased. You
can share your one year free Apple TV+ with up to five other family members
via Family Sharing.
• Redeem your one year free in the Apple TV app starting 2 November 2019.
Make sure your eligible device is running the latest iOS, iPadOS, tvOS or macOS.
• Offer must be claimed in the Apple TV app within three months after first
setting up your new device. To see the offer appear, you will need to sign in with your Apple ID on your new device. If you’ve purchased your new device before the launch of Apple TV+ on 2 November, you will have three months starting 2 November to redeem.
• Upon claiming the offer, you commit to a S$6.98/month subscription that starts immediately after the one year free and is automatically renewed until cancelled. You can cancel at any time in Settings at least a day before each renewal date. If you cancel during your free year, you and your family members will immediately lose access to Apple TV+ and the remainder of your one-year free trial. You cannot reactivate this tria
How to get a free one year subscription to Apple TV+
The free one-year trial can be activated in the Apple TV app at launch on any qualifying Apple device.
Step 1 - Open Apple TV on your new Apple device
When you are ready, you need to open the Apple TV app on your Apple device to kick off the free trial on your Apple account.
What is available on Apple TV+
At this time of writing, only content from Apple Originals are available in Singapore and only the content available within the Apple TV+ icon will be available.
- Defending Jacob
- Greatness Code
- The Morning Show
- Central Park
- The Banker
- Mythic Quest
- Kim Possible
I tested it and there is an Apple TV+ section within the Apple TV app. Only the content within this area is covered under the Apple TV+ subscription.
Notes from Apple:
- S$6.98/month after free one year trial. One subscription per Family Sharing group. Offer is valid for three months after eligible device activation. Plan is automatically renewed until cancelled. Restrictions and other terms apply.
- One subscription per Family Sharing group. Plan is automatically renewed until cancelled.
- Limited-time offer; offer may end at any time.
- Free Apple TV+ access for students ends when you no longer qualify or do not renew your Apple Music Student subscription. Offer is valid for verified university students only and does not extend to a Family Sharing group.
Examples of content on Apple that is not included:
Please just take note that only content inside the Apple TV+ app is included. Content in the Apple TV app, such as the following is excluded.
As you can see from the price tags on the content examples below: