Here you'll find a few small businesses which open till generally 7-9 pm weekdays. They sell toiletries and various other basic items often much cheaper than Fairprice, Giant and Cold Storage. These include:
- organic toiletries such as shampoo, conditioners, etc.
- body spray, body wash/ soap
- beauty products such as skin care, facial care, skin lotion
- shampoo and conditioners
- mouthwash, toothbrushes, floss
- perfume/ cologne
- body spray
- hair styling aids
- hand soap/ sanitizers
- sanitary pads
- shaving aids
|Colgate mouthwash at Fairprice|
I saw some Colgate mouthwash mouth 750ml Green tea flavour selling for $5.80 which sells for $9-10 normally at Fairprice. Another example was some Pantene shampoo 700 ml selling for $4.90 compared to $10.90 at Fairprice (or $7.90 which it's on special). It may seem like you are only saving a few dollars here and there, but it all adds up after a while ;)
You'll find that the stores around this Chinatown area are quite competitive among each other, so if you have time it can be worth shopping around, especially if you are buying in bulk. There are also similar stores like these across the country in the heartlands (Singapore outer suburbs), so you really just need to look around carefully and be okay with crowds to find your bargains.
Where do you buy cheap toiletries in Singapore?
Here's my listing of those in Chinatown, as that's where I find them concentrated and focused in the one area - and in my opinion, they should be that bit more competitive.
Location: Blk 32 02-1002,1004 New Market Road Peoples Park Food Centre
Tel: - 6534 5776
Operating hours: 10am to 9pm
GST # M9-002933-J
- Popular and generally great prices - This store is the most popular. It's always open every time I go there and it's constantly busy. There have been gradually buying up more and more stores around the main store so you'll find this store slowly expanding.
- They sell unwaxed dental floss - This is one of the only stores in Singapore where I have been able to find a particular type of floss that my dentist had recommended to me. This is unwaxed dental floss and dentist recommended it for flossing as it is more rough so it picks up more excess plaque/ food from between your teeth!
Name: Sunny Ocean Pte Ltd
Location: Blk 32 #03-1058/ 1060 New Market Road Peoples Park Food Centre
Tel: 6535 5175
Opening hours: 11:30 - 21:00
- Very competitive to Swanston. Quite popular as well. Both stores give you pretty good prices with some slight differences (ranging from 10-20 cents to a dollar depending on products). So it may be worth checking out both these stores and determining which serves you're needs and for what first.
- Located at Chinatown, People's Park almost 30 years, Ocean is one of the most prominent brand name. We specialise in selling beauty and personal care products such as make-up, skin care, fragrance and toiletries. as well as household products such as cleaning supplies.
- As one of the oldest shop around the area, we uphold our tradition of giving you the greatest value at the lowest price. Singaporeans and tourists alike can find their best buys back home.
Dragon D'or cosmetics
Name: Dragon D'or cosmetics
Location: Blk 32 #03-1126 New Market Road Peoples Park Food Centre
Tel: 6535 1722/ 6535 2005
- This store is great if you're looking for organics and health products. They sell some items not found in your typical pharmacies and supermarkets.
Description from InSing: Dragon Dor Cosmetics is a beauty and skin care retailer with brands such as Silky Girl and Adidas. It is located in in Peoples Park Food Centre open from Mondays to Sundays.
InSing page: https://search.insing.com/business/dragon-d-or-cosmetics/chinatown/id-cd500000
Name: Chua Lee
Location: Blk 32 #03-1122 New Market Road Peoples Park Food Centre
Tel: 6534 4172
- I can't remember the details about this store right now. But it's another one of the stores in the area. Not as popular as the others but worth a look if you have time and are already in the area.
Description: Chua Lee Cosmetics is a beauty and skin care retailer with brands such as Silky Girl, Olay, Maybelline and Nivea. It is located in Peoples Park Food Centre open from Mondays to Sundays.