This is a step by step guide on how to set up Microsoft Intune MDM integration with Okta.
What is Microsoft Intune MDM?
Microsoft Intune is an MDM (Mobile Device Management) / EMM (Enterprise mobility management) provider, and this solution allows companies to administrate and manage mobile devices, such as smartphones, tablet computers and laptops. These devices can be a managed company device, unmanaged company device and/or their own device.
How Microsoft Intune MDM works with Okta
- Microsoft Intune works with Okta by sending Okta a trust signal once Microsoft Intune has validated and enrolled a user's device onto their platform.
- From there, in Okta, we can prompt users and check the user for MFA (multifactor authentication), and then allow them access to the resources that they should have access to.
What does a user journey look like?
This is an example of a user's journey with Microsoft Intune integration with Okta.
- User signs into Okta End User Dashboard.
- Okta checks for MFA (multifactor authentication), based on a Sign On Policy (no changes required).
- User clicks on application.
- Okta checks for MFA, based on an Application Sign On Policy.
- User passes MFA, and is allowed access to the application.